While planning domestic collective works, it’s beneficial to consider activities that most support you and your loved ones in a difficult time like this. Only you know best what brings most joy to you and your loved ones right now, what most helps you leave behind the everyday routine of the tangled web of distance learning and working from home, and allows you to get something done which is important to you and what you can do together, all the while being there for each other and providing support.
Here are some recommendations developed in cooperation with the mental health experts from MTÜ Peaasjad for how we all could support each other while working together with our family and loved ones during the 2+2 collective action day. We really are convinced that a well-organised meaningful common activity – the Let’s Do It 2+2 collective action day – is one of the best ways to support each other. So, in addition to improving your living environment, working together also helps you improve your mental environment, thus improving both your own and everybody else’s well-being.
Take notice of which mental health vitamins your activities provide:
The vitamin of interaction is supported by
● a smile to your colleagues
● compliments and good words to your colleague and yourself for the contribution
● a conversation with your colleague on topics important to you and them
The vitamin of pleasant emotions is supported by
● noticing how the birds sing, flowers bloom, and the wind murmurs
● helping somebody, i.e. passing a rake, giving a hand in heavy lifting, etc.
● gratefulness or self-reflection on what you are grateful for today
The vitamin of activity is supported by
● spending time in fresh air
● showing your kid how to do a cartwheel or somersault
● varying activities during the day helps move your body parts in different ways
The vitamin of a balanced diet is supported by
● giving yourself a moment to smell the good flavour of the food before starting the meal
● keeping water or fresh birch sap handy during the collective action – and drinking it in sufficient quantities
● varied food planned, prepared, and enjoyed with the loved ones
The vitamin of sleep and rest is supported by
● sitting on pleasant and dry turf right when you feel you need it (without waiting for everybody else to take a pause)
● getting out of your daily routine and switching to another pleasant activity is also a holiday of sorts (a day away from the computer, for example)
● going to bed with a pleasant and content feeling after the collective action day and sauna